Whiten teeth naturally and make teeth clean. The teeth are white and sparkling will create a smile and our appearance more attractive. Based on research from the American Dental Association (ADA) involving some of the respondents, 87% of them stated that they feel happy when seeing other people smile especially if they have white teeth.
Why teeth become yellow?
Actually, when born human have teeth that are white colored but gradually the more we grow, the color of the teeth can change due to many factors.
The color of teeth that look white in biology is the color of the transparent layer of the enamel of the teeth, the color of the coating of the dentin in it as well as the color of the layer that is between the enamel and the dentin.
Research shows that the color of the teeth can be changed due to stains that can come from inside or from outside. Here are the factors that cause teeth to yellow either extrinsic (outside factors) or intrinsic (factors in):
Outside factors that cause stains on teeth include food, cigarettes, and alcohol. Food that is too hot or cold can damage the natural color of the teeth the same is the case with coffee, chocolate, tea and other foods.
Tobacco contained in cigarettes can also be one of the causes of changing the color of the teeth. The actual color changes on the teeth caused by food can be avoided by cleaning the teeth or brush your teeth after eating.
In addition to factors originating from the outside, change the color of the teeth can also be caused by factors originating from within, for example, are some types of certain drugs.
With the passage of time, the dentist will shape the material or compound between the layers of enamel and dentin and the longer the compound can accumulate in teeth and cause the teeth become yellow.
Tooth discoloration caused by intrinsic factors are more difficult to be eliminated than caused by outside factors.
How to whiten teeth naturally
Although tooth discoloration or yellow teeth difficult to avoid, there are still ways to restore the natural white color of teeth. A lot of people who spend money to whiten teeth quickly in the clinic of health and beauty.
Whiten Teeth Naturally And Make Teeth Clean
The term siwak that we know to clean the teeth is actually a limb or part of the tree siwak itself. The Siwak has long been used as natural materials to maintain the cleanliness and the natural white color of teeth.
Research the archaeological also found that siwak has been used for Whiten teeth naturally since the time of ancient Egyptian civilization. Not only that, the muslims certainly know very well that prophet Muhammad always clean his teeth using a siwaak. Here is how to use the siwak to clean and remove stains on teeth :
- Use the siwak which has a soft texture, siwak this can be obtained from part of the stem or root of the plant siwak
- Puree the siwak until it becomes a powder
- Mix powdered siwak with a little water then apply the paste on the teeth
- Wipe or rinse your mouth after five minutes
- This treatment can be done two times in a week to get maximum results.
Not only good to eat, the strawberry contains vitamin C and ellagic acid that can help whiten teeth naturally. Some hollywood celebrities like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Tyra Banks even used to use the strawberry as a whitening ingredient teeth.
Whitening effect caused by the strawberry can be obtained in a short time even just to chew it. Here’s how to use strawberries to whiten the teeth :
- Strawberry can be directly rubbed on the teeth and let stand for a few minutes. Then gargle with warm water
- Or puree a strawberry and mix it with one teaspoon of baking soda
- Apply a paste of strawberry on the teeth and leave for two minutes. Then rinse with warm water
- Do this treatment two times in a week
3. Coconut oil
Who would have thought that coconut oil can be used to prevent plaque as well as make your teeth begins to yellow become more white and clean.
Coconut oil is vegetable oil the results of the extract from the coconut meat and has the type of fat that is fairly unique and rich will benefit, because the whole of the fat is made of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). Now how to whiten teeth naturally using coconut oil :
- Prepare one tablespoon of coconut oil
- Apply coconut oil to your teeth evenly and let stand for 10-15 minutes
- Spit out the coconut oil and gargle your mouth with clean water
- Last brush your teeth as usual
4. Use hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the chemicals that can be used to whiten teeth. The compound hydrogen peroxide is usually used as a whitening products on the food and in a certain concentration can help diminish stains on teeth.
The hydrogen peroxide sold in pharmacies and stores chemicals. If you want to use hydrogen peroxide to whiten the teeth you should select a product hydrogen peroxide that have the label food grade or safe for consumption.
- Dissolve the tip of a spoon of hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water
- Use the solution to gargle
- In addition to being used to rinse, hydrogen peroxide can also be used to make toothpaste naturally by mixing it with baking soda.
Remember to always be careful when using hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth. Excessive use will actually damage your teeth. It is recommended to use it once a month.
5. Salt and lemon
Both materials can be a blend of potent to eliminate the yellow color on the teeth. Salt is an exfoliator or exfoliating natural that can be used to scrape off the stains on the teeth, while lemon contains acids that can help fade the stains on the enamel layer.
Here are the steps that you need to do to whiten teeth naturally using salt and lemon:
- Mix one teaspoon of salt with a few drops of lemon
- Rub the mixture on the teeth and let stand a few minutes
- Rinse or gargle with warm water
- In addition to using the above way, you can also use lemon peel to rub the teeth by applying it directly on the teeth and leave for a few minutes, then rinse with clean water.
- Do this treatment two times in a week
Related : HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT NATURALLY WITH LEMON
6. Baking soda
Baking soda is one of natural materials are popular and often used to whiten teeth. It is a fine powder white which is commonly used as a developer of food such as cakes and other food.
However, the use of baking soda in excess can actually damage your teeth. Then from that, use baking soda at least once or two months.
- Make a paste of baking soda by mixing two tablespoon of baking soda with one tablespoon of water
- Apply the paste on teeth and leave for three minutes
- Rinse and gargle with warm water
7. Orange peel
Orange peel might be considered as trash to most people and often not utilized although it has many benefits.
In addition to useful to eliminate acne, the skin of the orange which contains vitamin C can be used to whiten teeth. Here’s how to use orange peel as a natural whitening of the teeth :
- Make a paste of powdered orange peel dried and then blended until smooth
- Mix the powder of orange peel with water to taste
- Apply the paste of orange peel on the teeth and let stand for approximately three minutes
- Rinse or gargle with warm water
Do this treatment two times in a week to get optimal results
Related : THE BENEFITS OF LIME FOR A HEALTHY AND NATURAL DIET
8. Baking soda and lemon juice
The material of this one is not foreign to our ears. Baking soda is believed to effective overcome the yellow stains on the tooth surface. Baking soda and lemon juice is a combination that’s good enough to overcome the yellow teeth as well as make it more white shiny.
The use of baking soda as teeth whitening can be combined with other ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide and strawberry. Powder baking soda is able to scrape off the yellow color on the enamel layer of the teeth and makes it white back. Here’s how to use baking soda as a whitening ingredient teeth :
- Pour a few teaspoons of baking soda to taste
- Add a little lemon juice
- Mix well until it resembles a paste
- Put on the toothbrush, and then rub your teeth evenly
- Last rinse with clean water
9. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or known as apple vinegar is a vinegar made from the juice of apples fermented. Some research have proven that apple cider vinegar can remove stains on the teeth are mainly caused by caffeine from tea or coffee as well as nicotine contained in cigarettes.
Gargling by apple cider vinegar is also able to kill bacteria in the mouth that can cause caries in the teeth. Here is how to whiten teeth naturally using apple cider vinegar :
- Dissolve two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in half a glass of mineral water
- Gargle with the solution for approximately one minute
- To neutralize the condition of the mouth after rinsing with apple cider vinegar, you should brush your teeth using your usual toothpaste
- Do this treatment regularly twice in a week
10. Chewing raw Vegetables
Chew raw vegetables like carrots and tomatoes can help whiten teeth naturally. Carrots and tomatoes contain vitamins and substances that can remove stains on the teeth.
With enough chew it for a few minutes a day once you could get your teeth that white even though the effects are not as fast as the whitening ingredient other natural.
Munching apples regularly it can strengthen the gums of your teeth at once whiten it out. The content of apples is also proven to increase the production of saliva which plays an important role to kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and damage to the teeth.
In addition, the acid compound and the fiber in apples also contribute in eliminating the plaque and yellow stains on the teeth.
12. Wood charcoal
Not many people know that charcoal can whiten teeth quickly. It is indeed sound unnatural because charcoal is certainly black colored and perhaps we are confused how charcoal can clean and remove stains on the teeth are colored yellow.
The charcoal containing the active compounds of carbon that can scrape off stains on the enamel of the teeth quickly. But please note that charcoal cannot be used as the material of dental care on a regular basis. Here’s how to whiten teeth using charcoal :
- Mash the wood charcoal until it becomes powder
- Mix charcoal powder with a little water and apply the paste on the teeth for a few minutes
- Gargle using warm water and take a look at the changes
- Remember to only use charcoal a maximum of two times in a month just because the charcoal can damage the protective layer of the teeth and result in teeth becoming sensitive
That’s some way to whiten teeth naturally. Hopefully useful for you.