On this occasion, we will discuss about how to treat fever. Fever is a condition when the body temperature is above the figure of 38 degrees celcius. Fever is part of the process of immunity the body is fighting an infection due to virus, bacteria, or parasites. In addition, fever can also happen on the condition hyperthyroidism, arthritis. Or because of the use of some types of drugs, including antibiotics. The rise in body temperature as a result of consumption of this medicine referred with fever medicine.
Although sometimes worrisome, a high fever does not always signify that You suffer a serious illness. Fever which are very often found in the case of infection of children is often not dangerous. In fact, a fever is a sign that the immune system is working to fight the infection.
Fever is not a disease, unless symptoms that often join disease that can heal on their own without the need of medication, like for instance the flu or a cold. Then from that, the fever will disappear by itself when the disease of the underlying cured. But to treat a fever more seriously, some of the drugs fall hot could be bought independently in a pharmacy. Read the rules and follow recommended dosages.
Symptoms that joined the fever of suspense to the cause of the fever itself. The following is an example of symptoms that could accompany a fever:
- Cold sweat
- A sore throat
- Pain in the ear
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Muscle pain
- Loss of appetite
- Feel tired
Examination of body temperature the most accurate is to use a thermometer. Don’t count on the palpation hand to ensure that a fever or not. Fever may not necessarily be a serious condition. But you need to be alert if your body temperature above 38 degrees Celsius. Then you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The neck feels stiff and the eyes become very sensitive to light
- Vomiting continually
- Appear spotting-spotting the redness on the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Continually feel sleepy
- When You/Your child feel the pain
- Kids don’t want to drink and rarely urinate.
Immediately contact a doctor or to a hospital if You experience the above symptoms.
How to Use a Thermometer that is True
There are several types of thermometer that are available in Indonesia at this time, among other things thermometer mercury, thermometer ear, and a digital thermometer. Among the three, digital thermometer the most chosen because in addition to economical, its use is also easy and the results are pretty accurate. Therefore, the following will be discussed about the most accurate way to use a digital thermometer.
A digital thermometer can be applied on three body parts: mouth, armpits, and anus. Make sure that You do not use the thermometer the same to measure the temperature in the anus with a temperature in the armpit or the mouth. Here are simple steps You can follow to use a digital thermometer:
- Wash Your hands with soap and then rinse and pat dry to clean.
- Clean Your thermometer, wash it in warm water or using an alcohol cotton wool.
- Turn on Your thermometer with the dial knob you have, and wait until the inscription on the screen stops blinking.
- Place the thermometer in the axillary folds.
- Hold the thermometer in the same position until approximately 40 seconds or until the thermometer reads.
- Take the thermometer from the armpit, then read the inscription that appears on the screen. The figure shown shows the body temperature of the person.
- Clean the back of the thermometer using the cold water or by using alcohol cotton.
How To Treat Fever
Fever with a temperature not too high and does not last long usually don’t need drugs fall fever. Nevertheless to overcome the discomfort of the body, there are some drugs fall fever. It can be purchased freely in drug stores. It is recommended to see a doctor if the fever temperature is getting high after three days.
The following are some examples of drugs to overcome the fever the consequence of infection:
- Paracetamol and ibuprofen. People who suffer from hay fever can feel uncomfortable. Drink medicine according to the dosage and the rules of use or as recommended by the doctor. Do not use paracetamol in large quantities and long term. Because this can damage the liver or kidneys. Both of these drugs can be bought directly at the pharmacy.
- Aspirin. This drug is specifically for adults. Not given in children. This medicine could trigger the occurrence of Reye’s syndrome. Which is a disease that can affect the brain and also the heart. Aspirin can be purchased without requiring a doctor’s prescription.
- Antibiotics. This medicine is given suitable prescription from the doctor if there is suspicion of the availability of a bacterial infection that causes fever, for example pneumonia.
Here’s a few things You can do at home to help relieve the fever:
- Break. You need enough rest to restore yourself and help the immunity of the body. Too much runs out of things able to increase the temperature of the body.
- Use clothes slim and stay in the room with the cold air.
- Drink water in sufficiently to avoid dehydration. Fever can cause the body to lose a lot of fluid.
Complications caused fever could be either the dehydration is severe, hallucinations, and seizures.
Causes of Fever
The temperature of the human body can be variable. Body temperature will be lower in the morning and increased in the afternoon as well as night. Body temperature the average human is 37 degrees celcius. In general, the temperature of the body normal is between 36,5-37,5 degrees celcius. Some of the things that affect the temperature of the body is the activity of the sport and the menstrual cycle.
Following this was the cause of the fever that often happen:
- Pascaimunisasi, for example having received a pneumococcal vaccine or a TB vaccine (tuberculosis).
- Various kinds of infection virus and bacteria. Like sore throat, food poisoning, meningitis,typhus, dysentery, chicken pox, and the infection of urinary tract.
- Infection as a result of a mosquito bite such as scarlet fever, and malaria
- Drugs such as antibiotics, antihypertensives and antidepressants.
- Standing too long under the rays of the sun.
- Diseases such as arthritis and hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- Cancer, for instance have leukemia, liver cancer, and lung cancer.
Prevention Of Fever
Fever can be prevented by applying the pattern of living clean in the dairy. This is done to reduce the exposure against noncommunicable diseases often cause fever.
Get used to always wash your hands if you feel exposed to the thing or environment that is not sterile. You can also use wet wipes or liquid hand sanitizer while traveling.
Keep hands away from nose, mouth, and eyes. The third part is the main door for bacteria and virus to enter the human body. Earn to cover the mouth when coughing or nose when sneezing. Avoid also share the use of glasses, a bottle of water to drink, and eating utensils with other people.